Why we need to do courses in foreign languages?
Employers are interested to recruit global graduates, communicating in additional languages is definitely a valuable asset. Languages can be our unique selling point and gives us the extra edge as compared to other graduates with similar backgrounds. Studying and being proficient in languages can help you develop many skills that are attractive to employers. Good cultural awareness and knowledge is particularly attractive for employers operating in international markets and those with overseas clients. Additional languages help companies to expand their business into emerging markets. So it is important to do some courses in foreign languages like German, French, Spanish, Arabic, English.
“To have another language is to possess a second soul.” – Charlemagne
Eligibility for learning foreign language courses
In order to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in any foreign language the candidate must have cleared the higher secondary school certificate or 10+2 from a recognized board. The duration of the bachelor’s course is mostly three years. In order to pursue a Master’s degree in any foreign language the candidates needs to have completed his/ her graduation in a relevant stream (Same language). Usually the duration of the course is two years.
Institutes in India offering foreign language courses
- Pune University, Pune.
- Max Mueller Bhavan in Mumbai, Kolkata, New Delhi and Chennai.
- Indo Italian Chamber of Commerce, Mumbai.
- School of Languages, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- University of Delhi, New Delhi.
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Jawaharlal Nehru Academy of Languages, New Delhi.
- Japanese Information and Cultural Centre, New Delhi.
- Ram Krishna Mission, Kolkata.
- Alliance Francasie.
- Rajasthan University, Jaipur.
- Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages, Hyderabad.
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.